Monday, October 6, 2008

Tennessee Tuesday

This is my new project. In an effort to remember what Tennessee looks like after I move, I will be posting a picture every week from somewhere in Tennessee. A lot will come from here in Clarksville, but as we travel around, I will share more of the state with you.

This really is a beautiful state. We have driven to Nashville twice, and the whole trip is a tunnel of trees. The major roads here are enveloped in slated rocks, stacking on top of each other, with just a hint of red to them. It reminds me slightly of driving from Northern to Southern Utah, as the rocks get more and more red.

There are also some interesting things here. This is my first Tennessee Tuesday post:


As you drive East on Tiny Town Road, which is NOT a tiny road, or even in a tiny town, you run into these. Three giant crosses in the middle of a field. There are some benches in front of the crosses, and three spotlights on them, so they must be important. They are near the entrance to a church of some kind, so I assume that they're part of the church. In a way it reminds me of coming upon a temple. You come up around a corner, and BAM! There it is!
It really is a pretty place, and it is even more so because there is nothing around it but fields. It's a very quiet, peaceful, serene area.

No comments: