Every month, the wives in the dental core get together for a social. This month we went to a store that one of the wives owns called Busy Beads and Moore. It was a lot of fun, and a little overwhelming. I decided not to make myself any jewelry, mostly because I wasn't really sure what I wanted. So I made these snowflake ornaments instead.
It also turns out that the owner of the store is my Stake Relief Society President. When I was introducing myself, because I am the new girl, I mentioned that I was originally from Utah, so she asked if I was LDS. When I said yes, she said she was also, and that she was RS Pres. We got a few looks, so one of the other ladies said "that means they're Mormon; you know- Latter-day Saints." I was proud of this woman!
Anyway, we had lots of fun, and I am glad to know there is another LDS wife attending these things. Not that I wouldn't go, but when the drinks come out, I am glad to know I won't be the only one not drinking!
3 comments:
Those are fun. I get overwhelmed with too much too, I think you picked something very nice to make.
Very cute! They make great gifts! I made some bead snowflake ornaments for my Mom for Christmas a few years back. What Mom doesn't love homemade gifts?!
You're a Mormon?!
Post a Comment