So we took a trip this weekend to the Land Between The Lakes National Forest, and had so much fun. It was a very action-packed weekend, and I will write about all of it soon. But, let's focus...
We took the kids on a hike; a short, easy hike, and they had so much fun. The leaves were changing and they loved looking at all the colors and of course, finding hiking sticks. The wind kicked up, and leaves started raining on us, and we could hear very loud "plunk plunks". I stupidly asked why the leaves were landing so loud, to which Pete laughed at me and said, "It's not the leaves. They are acorns." Oh, Duh.
So the kids frantically collected acorns and put them in their pockets, like they were never going to see any again. Noah stopped after about 5 or 6, but Annie kept going. Everytime she picked one up she would say, "Look dad! It's brown!" Although in between all of those shouts, there was a "Look dad! It's green!"
This is what I found when I washed Annie's shorts. Nineteen brown acorns and a single green one.
However, I was glad for all the moments we stopped to collect acorns. That's when we spotted this:
Now, I wish I could say that I was a good enough photographer (I use this term loosely) to catch this leaf in mid-air. It was actually hanging from a spiderweb. It was pretty cool.

9 comments:
Sounds like a fun weekend! I love the pics!
great post - my kids always look for the acorns in our yard that the squirrels have not munched on!!
Fabulous photos! I love them both and if you hadn't said anything about the spider web, I would have never guessed! LOL!
Please VISIT My PSF. Thank You!
I would have never know about the spider web.. I think that photo would look cute framed... good fall decor..
You know I haven't seen acorns in so long. I don't live near any oak trees anymore. I just love the leaf mid-air.
I LOVE Your header-- its beautiful!!
I love seeing leaves frozen in midair like that!
And as weird as this sounds, those acorns are pretty haha
oh yeah =)
Love in the Afternoon
Pam -- never reveal the secrets of your great pictures!
Did you get hit in the head with too many heavy leaves?
Have I mentioned I love Annie?
I saw a leaf like that on our recent trip up the canyon to look at the fall colors, too. I would have taken a picture, but I didn't have control of the camera - I know that's hard to believe. :)
Post a Comment