Thursday, February 26, 2009

I Can Function On Three Hours Of Sleep, Right?

Ug. What a night.

I got home from teaching a class, put the kids to bed, watched Lost, and got myself to bed by 10:30.  Pretty well, considering I have been staying up till 11:30 every night that Pete has been gone (I have yet to figure out why I do this. I am not a night person). 
A few minutes after I got in bed, I heard Noah coughing, and then something more than a cough.  I ran in his room to find him sitting up in bed, trying to climb over the edge, and throwing up everywhere. 
Noah doesn't get sick like this very often, so he was a little scared.  I threw him in the shower, and stripped down the bedding.  Because everything on his bed was covered, I made up the futon for him to sleep on, with sheets and all for extra protection.  I was hoping it was just a one time thing, but Nooooo.  He threw up from 10:30 until 3:30.  He eventually ended up on the floor of my room, with a bucket next to him.  I think he threw up about 15 times, poor baby.  This morning he is really pale, so I am pumping him full of electrolytes, and he's bummed he can't go to school.  
Pete is on his way home tonight, and it's probably a good thing he wasn't here.  Pete's good for moral support in the puking department, and that's about it.  He calls himself a "contagious puker" if you get my drift.  

Luckily, all the kids slept until 7:00, and I don't have to teach any classes today, so we can pretty much be lazy.  We will just be doing LOTS of laundry.

6 comments:

Honey Mommy said...

That sounds absolutely miserable! There is nothing worse than sick kids.

Mindy said...

Hang in there! It sounds awful. I hope you get a nap in somehow.

Amy said...

Oh the joys of being a mom. We won't get any sleep until they have moved out and have a family of their own. Sad :( but we won't trade it for anything. Hopefully he gets feeling better soon and the other kids don't get it.

A Crafty Mom said...

Oh my - I can so relate and I feel so bad for you. We'd done the stomach flu right before the baby got sick this week and went to the ER. Sick kids - so not fun and so hard on mommies!!!

scrappysue said...

i so remember those days! now i go to bed BEFORE my girls and i usually wake BEFORE them! a cruel twist of nature, but at least i'm not being woken by babies anymore! it passes so quickly too btw :)

Laurie said...

Poor Noah, and how miserable for you! I'm glad Pete's coming home, so he can at least help out elsewhere!