Thursday, February 5, 2009

Conversations Between A Mother And Daughter In The Emmons Home

Annie:  Mom, can I have a sandwich for breakfast?
Pam:  No, you can have breakfast food.
Annie:  But I'm not hung-ee!
Pam:  Well, then you don't need a sandwich.
Annie:  But I'm not hung-ee!
Pam:  Ok.
Annie:  But I'm NOT HUNG-EE!


Pam turns the TV on.
Annie:  Mom, can I watch TV?
Pam:  Ya, I just turned it on.
Annie:  But can I watch TV?
Pam:  Yes, look, I just turned it on.
Annie:  But mom, I want to watch TV!


Annie:  I want  a "girled" cheese sandwich.
Pam:  You mean grilled cheese?
Annie:  No, "girled" cheese.
Pam:  Is that like "boyed" cheese?
Annie:  Not boys.  They don't like "girled" cheese.  Only girls.

7 comments:

Mindy said...

Sometimes kids just like to see how we react I think.

Angela said...

Sadly this sounds much like my conversations with my 3 yr old boy! You answer them and they ask the same question a zillion times! Drives me nuts but you gotta love it! He says, "dwirled" cheese!

Unknown said...

so that's whats in store for me? At least it's pretty funny :)

tiarastantrums said...

oh she must be around 2 or 3 - I get that all day!!

Sharon said...

that is hilarious Pam what is going on now! jordan

Laurie said...

giggle

Sue said...

Hmmmm...those conversations sound very similar to the ones I used to have with YOU when you were three...it always amazed me when I figured out I was debating with a 3 year old.