On St. Patrick's Day, there was a 5K and kids run at our gym. We thought it would be really fun for the kids, since every time I take them to the gym they want to run the track.
Here they are "stretching."
We decked all the kids out in green, and our neighbor Rori brought some fun stickers.
Annie and Eireanne. I can never get these two to look at the camera at the same time.
See what I mean?
Still "stretching."
Off they go. Pete ran with the kids, and I was super excited that our new neighbors, Gaby, Steve and their kids, as well as our other neighbors, Rori and Eireanne, joined in the fun. I love that our kids enjoy spending so much time together.
And here they come across the finish line!
"I'm so tired, mom!"
They handed out medals to the kids until they ran out, and then they gave the kids mardi gras beads. Noah carried this medal around for days.
And then I ran in the 5K.
No this isn't me...
It's my awesome friend Jody!
I look like I'm in a parade....
It's amazing I don't fall over more.
Noah ran part of the 5K as well.
And there's Jody again! Grrrr!
This is my friend Sarah's husband, Jess. He runs really fast.
Take about 30 seconds off that time... It took me that long to cross over the start line, so my time was almost exactly 32:00.
The kids got their faces painted while I was running.
Sorry Jody. I'm embarrasing us both.
Oh, and Jared was 2/3 devil...
After the run, I headed straight over to a Cross Fit challenge and made Pete join me. We did 5 rounds of 25 squats, push-ups, dips and sit ups.
Yep, I was sore. And tired.















1 comment:
2/3 Devil...took me a minute. Hilarious. You are one clever lady. And the stretching picture was definitely my favorite.
Post a Comment