On Day 5, the boys gave in to our desires...
They took us shopping.
Well, that was the plan anyway. We shopped, but we also did a lot of sightseeing.
Hangin' out on the balcony, sharing some bread.
So sweet.
Hmmmm.....
Um.....
Oh my.
We headed to the area of Santa Cruz. We expected to do a lot of shopping but ended up sightseeing quite a bit. And we did get a fair amount of whining from the guys ("my back hurts, can we sit down?"). But they let us have our fun.
We ran into this beautiful little park.
And a Dragon tree, but not THE dragon tree.
There is a tree known as the Dragon Tree, and it is said to be the oldest tree on the island at 1,000 years old. This is a similar tree, though not nearly as old.
Looking towards the coast.
They are both very excited to be shopping, but showing it in different ways.
There's that leg again.
Notice I am holding ice cream?
I ate a lot of ice cream this week. It was awesome.
Some city building, I assume.
After heading toward the coast, we ran into this strange pond. It had a few benches around it, but you couldn't walk through it.

This city is a big stop for people on the cruise ships.
This statue was near the strange little pond.
The statue says something like:
In honor of all those who gave their lives for Spain.
This little old man entertained us for a while. He kept falling asleep on the bench, just like this.
An old bell tower.
I really wish I could remember what this is called.
It's a theater, I believe, but it's made to look like a giant wave.

But we thought the back of it looked like a butt.

I told Jared to pretend he was a proctologist instead of an orthodontist.

I sure do love this guy.
Near the theater were these bricks that led out to the water, almost like a pier. But the bricks had all sorts of famous figures painted on them.
As we were standing there I realized that it had been twelve years to the day that Pete and I had kissed for the first time. So we celebrated.
We're such dorks... we fit well together.
Like I said, we're dorks.
The view from the coast.
We found this on our walk, too. We still are not sure what it is, or even whether it is old or new.
But there were a couple of beefy guards....
Our last stop in Santa Cruz was the market. We got there as most of it was shutting down, so we bought some fruit, wandered and then left.
Jody and I really wanted seafood before we left the island, and to our surprise it was quite hard to find. Well, at least where we were looking. We did find a place that seemed alright, so we decided to eat there.
Most of our dinner still had eyes.
And Jody found a new pet.
This was mine... I ordered pasta with mussels and some other sea food. The mussels completely took over the plate. It was yummy, though.
Day 6 was spent at the beach, lying around, and packing. I only took a few pictures at the beach.
And they were all of the S'well bottle.
Day 7 was the day this fabulous week came to an end. It was full of flying and driving. And the only picture I took the whole day was of the GPS.
We got stuck in a stau (traffic jam) and tried to find our way out of it. When the GPS told us that our next "turn" was to get on a boat, we turned around and found a different route.
Remember the cool hair I had all week?
This is what it looked like when the braids came out.
We had such a fantastic time on this trip, and the company was the best! Thanks Jody and Jared for spending this whole week with us! I can't wait to do this again!!
















































1 comment:
No, no, Pam. I want to be like YOU when I grow up :) What a FUN trip! I love your commentary to the photos. Please give me "fun" lessons? Maybe in Scotland :)
Post a Comment