Friday, April 13, 2012

Best Week Ever! Tenerife, Day 3

Day three was all about relaxing at the beach.  We drove a few minutes to the area of Playas de las Americas and found some sand.  We paid a few euro to rent some beach beds and plopped ourselves down.  
The guys were brave and went into the water soon after we got there.  Jody and I laid out for a while and chatted.  But the guys eventually talked us into getting into the cold water.  Once we were in, it wasn't too bad.  
Most of the beaches here are man-made.  On both sides of the beach, there are big rocks; the way it looked before the beaches were made.  Because they aren't natural beaches, there were no rocks to walk on in the water, which was so nice.  But there were also no sea shells, which seemed odd. 

There's Pete, swimming in the waves.

Wow.  We're white.

We thought we were pretty cool trying to ride the waves.

Oh, hi Jody!


Those waves were cold.

The sand liked Jody's feet, but not her toenails.

This is what most of the coast looks like, except for the beaches that were man-made.

That night, we went to an old castle that has been turned into a medieval dinner theatre,
 Castillo San Miguel. 





I don't know.

We got cute crowns, and had our pictures taken with the King.

And here's where all the entertainment took place.

Mmmm, dinner.  
The dinner was just ok.  In fact, most of the meat was fat, the soup had no flavor but the roll was decent.  When we got to our table, there was a bottle of soda similar to Fanta, and a bunch of wine.  We asked if we could switch out the wine for another bottle of soda, and the man brought us a couple of bottles.  Wahoo!

Pork, chicken and potatoes.  

Part of the entertainment was this man, who seemed to be the host of the whole evening, and this bird.

See the person on the left of the picture.  That's me.  I got to hold the bird.  It was pretty cool.

Jody got a flower from one of the knights.
I think Jared was jealous.

Some kind of show.  
Pete and I have been to similar shows in California, and this one was weak in comparison, but the people we were with really made this show so much fun.  

Oh, there's me again.  The smallest knight (and probably the weakest, I think he was the first in the show to be killed) came and got me from my seat and took me to the center.  I seriously had no idea what was going on.  We took a bow and then started walking....

... and then sat with the King.  See my hand waving?
We sat there for a while and watched the show, while the king poured us drinks.

After the show, there was a Flamenco performance.
Man those people can move.
After that, they brought a bunch of people on stage to dance.  It was actually really fun.


Jody and I, shaking our butts.

I loved their costumes.

We were pretty good at shaking our booties.  I'm just sayin'.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

This IS the Best Week Ever! What fun!!