Thursday, December 4, 2008

PhotoStory Friday: New Ornaments

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek



Like many families, we have a tradition of getting a new ornament each year.  Pete and I both did this as children, and figured it was an easy, fun thing to do with our kids.  I think this is a great way to remember what your kids favorites were at different times in their lives.  The vast majority of my ornaments are dance oriented, while Pete's are mostly soccer.  I look forward to seeing all the ornaments we collect, and then handing them down to the owners. 

In the past few years I have let Noah pick out his own, and this year I let Annie do the same.  I had a feeling what direction she was headed with her ornament, so I wasn't surprised with her choice.  

First, I have to show what our tree looked like after the kids decorated it.  Notice the mass of ornaments in the lower section of the tree.  

Noah's ornament: Iron Man


Annie's ornament:  Ballerina Barbie


Cooper's ornament:  Little Einsteins.  I let Noah pick this one out for Cooper.  It's musical!


Pam's ornament:  A reminder of the snow that I won't see this year.


Pete's ornament:  Daddy dancing with his ballerina baby. So fitting.


Here's the tree after we did some rearranging.  

9 comments:

Chris said...

I thought Cooper's was a Jetson's car.
You guys are going to need a bigger tree soon.
I think we've finally gotten to the point that almost all of the ornaments on our tree are the annual ones -- there's no more room for anything else.

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

You have a beautiful tree and I love all of the ornament choices! Have a great weekend!

Cecily R said...

I so love that tradition. I love the way it speaks to the place each person is in in a particular year. So cool!

Jay @halftime lessons said...

Wow...what great pics Pam, thanks for sharing!!

Nice PhotoStory Friday!!

Jay

Anonymous said...

Beautiful ornaments and tree. Love the tradition.

Marly said...

I didn't event think about having everyone get their own. Our tradition is getting a family ornament to signify something that happened that year. Having everyone choose their own is kind of fun. Although we always get ours at hallmark and after we learned you get better picks if you don't wait until the day after, it got kind of expensive.

Mindy said...

What a great tradition!

Unknown said...

You are getting really good at taking pictures! Nice work.

Mandie said...

such a great idea, how cute!