Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Ice, Ice, Baby


I woke up to my cell phone ringing at 5:30 this morning; it was Noah's school telling me that school was cancelled due to the ice.  So Pete and I looked out the window at our roof.  I wish I had grabbed the camera- the roof was one sheet of ice.  I took these pictures at about 8:00 this morning, after it had "warmed up" a bit.  

This is my deck.  The whole thing is ice.


This is my drive way, all iced over.  Yes, that is ALL ice.


And the whole road is ice as well.

I guess since we are stuck at home today, we will make Christmas treats for our neighbors.  Actually, I have a lot of baking to do:  Ten bags of treats for the assistants Pete works with, Neighbor gifts, 3 dozen cookies for relief society, a side dish and a dessert for a party on Friday, and a partridge in a pear tree.




3 comments:

Juli said...

you make me laugh.

Mindy said...

I'm kinda surprised that the first picture of your deck doesn't have Noah skating on top of it.

Chris said...

Ice storms. Nice. I remember those.