About three weeks ago, I decided it was time to potty train Annie. I told her one morning that she was no longer going to wear diapers, but now pull-ups and underwear. Her reply was"ok" and that was it. I think she might have had three accidents in the two days that followed, and she was done. Pete and I were completely shocked, and totally happy! For ten days, it was bliss.
Then last Monday, she woke up and decided it just wasn't fun anymore, or something. She didn't completely stop using the potty, but she only uses it every other time she needs to go, so I am still changing her pull-ups. I told her after lunch today that she was going to wear underwear, because it's not very comfortable when you pee in your underwear. So we will see how that goes.
One posistive is that since I told her no more diapers, she has only used the potty to poop in (I feel wierd typing that word).
So if anyone has any genius ideas on how to fix this situation, please let me know!
6 comments:
Well, I'm so experienced now, I can see exactly what you need to do...j/k. But if it were me I would stop using pullups except at night and MAYBE church depending on if you stay for choir or not :) I think the actual wetting of the pants is a good deterrent or however you spell that. I think we're past 10 days now--I was worried after your comment! I do have to be really consistent and bribe her to sit on the potty when I can tell she needs to go :)
Oh yeah. And that second day after Jane wet her pants she said, "IT's okay." And reached for a dry pair. I had to say. "No! It's NOT ok." and lecture her for a second. Does Annie think it's 'ok' to go in her pants?
I love acting like I know what I'm doing.
We used to leave a piece of candy on the counter for when you go potty. Hazel would volunteer...I'll go potty so I can have that piece of candy, ok. Kids forget and get busy.
Hazel has a 3year old friend that was completely potty trained for a long time and then out of no where had accidents all the time...she had a yeast infection. Try the bribe and check your kid. Look at me dishing out the advice! hahaha. Good luck!
Ride it out. She'll go back to it when she's ready. My girls were exactly the same way- picked it up really fast then lost interest. Eventually, they just decided it was time, all on their own. There was, of course, a lot of encouragement from us along the way, but I've found they simply do it when they're ready. You don't expect Annie, of all people, to do things on YOUR schedule, do you?
No more pullups except at night time. They feel like a diper and are more inclined to pee in them. Just keep underware on her during the day. she will feel the wetness more and faster and will catch herself. Good Luck!!
I agree with Laura about the now pull-ups. I think she might be like another little girl I know and with her, it was all about who was in charge. Just pack extra underwear and pants again like you did when she was a baby and then make a big deal out of it when she pees in her pants and how "inconvenient" it is and how she can't do other things she wants, like play or have a toy at the store, etc. Good luck! Oh, and I made Sydney change herself and clean up because she "didn't want to".
Post a Comment