Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sinners

If any of you have kids, and have attempted to take them to church when they are slightly sick, you will understand where I am coming from. Annie has had a slight fever this weekend, and Pete is feeling pretty crummy, so the plan was that he would stay home with Annie, and the boys and I would go to church. However I got up EIGHT TIMES last night with various kids, plus Cooper might be getting sick (I can't tell, he's just really grumpy), so we decided not to attempt church. They are probably announcing us as the new mambers of the ward right now. Oh well. Not worth fighting with two sick kids, and a sick husband at church (sometimes I think a sick, grumpy husband at church is worse than a sick, grumpy kid).

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Congratulations on joining the ranks. We are sinners as well. We stayed home from church the day after we moved to our new house. Granted, we couldn't find our church clothes, but, mostly, we were simply exhausted! I think He understands what it's like being a parent.:)

Mandie said...

I think I would agree with your last comment about sick husbands! My kids were sick yesterday too and so I stayed home with them. Ya, they spotlighted me in RS and so everyone knows I am a slacker too!

Laurie said...

It must be a universal truth that grumpy husbands can be worse than grumpy kids. It must have something to do with expectations of grown up behavior...

Leslie said...

I am in complete agreement! Don't worry, I have done the ecaxt same thing!

Larissa said...

Hope you're all feeling better! Is Noah having fun at school?