I guess this comes with summer time, and being a boy, but Noah has outdone himself this time. I am scared to send hin to school, for fear that his teacher is going to call me to find out what happened to him.
Let me set the scene for you...
We moved to a new house in a brand new neighborhood; there are still houses being built. Noah had been riding his scooter with his helmet and pads on, and decided to play a game of horse shoes with our neighbor. He took his helmet off, which Pete (who was watching the kids) was ok with. But before Pete could grab him, Noah was off on his scooter again without his helmet. He turned a corner to the other side of the neighborhood, and wouldn't have been able to hear Pete, had he yelled to him. Pete didn't worry much because Noah was with another boy. After about three minutes, a car pulled into our driveway, with a screaming Noah in the back.
A very nice woman had watched Noah turf it in front of her house, put him in the car and brought him home. He had found the hill, or the "mountain" as he describes it, and started going down it before he realized it. Now, this isn't just any hill. To paint a picture for you, Pete went down it on his bike, and with his brake ON, he was going about 30 mph. I can't imagine how fast Noah's little body hit that pavement.
Along with the face, there are bruises on his head, shoulder, a massive scrape on his hip, his hands got beat up (which later in life he will think is cool, because they will match his dad's scars), and there is a small scrape on his ankle. Of course, we were worried about his teeth as well, but they were fine.
Pete and I both got a small taste of what our parents have gone through raising the two of us. Pete was a in a similar accident as a kid; although his was worse, he said he can imagine what his parents went through. I wasn't home at the time, which was probably a good thing. I just saw his sleeping face when I got home, and had to hold and kiss him, while I cried just a little.
Poor kid, but I am sure this is not the last of these wounds. He rides his scooter so well for a five year old, already attempting small tricks. Pete and I both think he will want a skateboard, which we will have to think about really hard. However I think he will remember to put his helmet on from now on.


7 comments:
Aww, it looks like it hurts! Glad he is okay.
I will pray for you tonight that your kids will survive childhood.
This is EXACTLY why my Mom always said she didn't want boys and didn't know what she would do with one. After the stories I heard about Travis and his brother and cousins, I understood what my Mom meant - and here I am blessed with 3... oh my, oh my, oh my...
Oh my gosh! Please no more wounded kid pics...I can't stand it! Hmmm, you went to your first day of kindergarten with a banged up face....at least Noah made it to day three! Give him kisses from Grandma.
ouch!!!!!! I hope noah is oaky
I think I am going to cry when I take Lincoln to school
good luck........
Holy smokes! I hope he feels better soon. What a summer that kid has had! You guys got good insurance right?
ok i tear up over a tumble off the dining room chair- maybe i'm not so ready for this raising boys thing...too late now! i'm glad he was ok- that is pretty gnarley.
Post a Comment