Monday, May 14, 2012

Prague Easter Market

The Easter Market in Prague runs past Easter, so we decided to take the kids the day after Easter, since everyone had the day off.  As many times as I have been to Prague, I have never taken the kids, so I was really excited to show them a few things.

Our first stop was the Astronomical Clock.  We made sure to be there on the hour so they could see it in action.

This market was much better than the one in Nurenberg.  In fact, when you google "Easter Markets" this is usually the first one to pop up.  It seems to be one of the largest in the area. 











Easter Trees are very common in Europe.  It's just a tree, usually, just branches, decorated in eggs and strings.  I love them. 

What a bunch of goofballs.



There were a few animals to pet.


These things intrigued me, so we had to buy some.  It was a cinnamon covered pastry, but not like a churro. RIght off the stone, warm and yummy.

He wasn't sure about the first bite.


And this is what those yummy things were called.  I have no idea how to pronounce it.




Biggest. Easter. Egg. Ever.


We had a few more hours till we needed to head home, so we took the kids to a few spots in Prague we knew that they would enjoy.  First, was Charles Bridge, the oldest bridge in Prague.



And then we headed to St. Nicholas Church.  You can pay a small entrance fee and climb the stairs to the top of the church.  Once you get to the top, you can see all of Prague.  I really wanted the kids to see that, and think that might have been the highlight for them.




No comments: