I know I have posted this picture already, but it is Pete's current favorite.
Noah and Annie have a love/hate relationship. It's about 80% love, 20% hate. When the 20% is happening, you had better watch out. Noah is somewhat calm, saying things like "Oohh, Annie, I am so mad at you" or "you are making me so mad!"
However if Annie is up, you had better find some earplugs, because her ear piercing shriek is how she shows her anger.
But when the 80% is happening, you want to have the camera constantly rolling, and have a notepad in hand, to record all the sweet things that are said.
Most mornings, when Annie and Noah wake up, they make sure they hug each other. Annie always yells as loud as she can "Bye Noah!" when he gets out of the car, even if the doors are already shut. The first time I took Noah to school, Annie asked when we were going to pick him up, to which I replied, "after lunch." She waited about ten seconds, and said, "Can we have lunch now?" Frequently, right after we drop Noah off at school, Annie tells me, "mom, I am going to miss my brother today."
But today my heart melted, when she simply turned to Noah in the car after school, with a relieved look on her face and said, "Noah, I missed you", to which he replied, "I missed you, too."
I wonder when all of that will end. Too soon, is my guess.

13 comments:
It'll last longer than you think.
Does she miss her uncle Chris?
That's the important question.
Of course she misses her uncle Chris! He is her favorite!
Awwww....that's so sweet.
My heart is melting. They are lucky you record everything for them too, on paper and in film.
Love the pics!
I bet it sticks. Even if they don't show it or say it the same ways when they're older, I'm willing to bet that bond stays around. And you will be SO glad you wrote this stuff down!!
My kids make it a point to hug each other every night and say "good night". They do it when it's time to go to school, too. I love it! Enjoy.
That little story just melts my heart out! My brother just yesterday told me that he misses me and can't wait for me to come home for Christmas. They'll be the best of friends forever!
I hope it will last forever.
That is very sweet.
When my little guy wakes up from his nap his first order of business is to find his big sister just to say hi. :) I love it.
My heart has melted down to the floorboards and tears just sprang up; that is so beautiful!
ps. I wrote that before seeing that Mindy said the same thing. If you said that in a talk you'd probably gat a bunch of "OOHHH"s and hands on the hearts.
This is just like my kids! 80/20. And I think my daughter is sooooo bored all day without her brother at home to play with!
You make me all teary! It reminds me of Avery and Carson. Avery talks to Carson similarly, but I hope Carson will speak as sweetly when he gets to talking more!
Ummmm - Ryan says he thought HE is Annie's favorite uncle...and he's sure she misses him the most.
They will always have a connection - sometimes stronger than others - but it will last.
And I'm sure Annie (and Noah and Cooper) miss Grandma and Grandpa the VERY MOST!!!
Post a Comment