Clarksville Fire Department
I know I have mentioned before that aside from spending time with family, I basically grew up at the fire station. I loved being there as a kid, and loved all the connections and relationships I had there, and because I loved it, I want my kids to love the fire station, too. I am sure they do, as we have been in a few of them, and they have been able to play on the trucks every time.
I am sure that I have also mentioned that I have a reverence and respect for firefighters, the same that I have for American Soldiers. They may not have to put their lives on the line every moment of the day, but when in the heat of the moment (no pun intended) their lives are on the line. I appreciate each and every one of them.
We stopped today at the station and asked if it would be possible for me to take a picture of the kids with the firemen. They said sure, and then asked if I just wanted to bring them back to the trucks. This is a small station, with just one rescue truck and one ladder truck, but it didn't matter to the kids. They had so much fun, and two of the firemen were happy to show Noah what everything was, including The Jaws of Life.
This fireman gladly dressed in all his gear for the kids. Cooper didn't want anything to do with him.
Cooper wasn't sure about it, though.
3 comments:
You do such a good job with your blog. I don't know what to say other than I really enjoy reading it and all the photos you take.
Dad really enjoyed this post. He loves that you remember growing up around the fire station and all the firemen, who were such a big part of our life. Glad to see the kids enjoy being around them, too. Cooper will appreciate them one day.
I LOVE the picture of the coats - it brings back such memories. You do such a great job on your blog!
Just reading your blog today brought back a lot of memories for me too growing up in the fire station. What fun times. I love that they were so open and willing to show the kids around! Firemen are amazing! They hold a special place in my heart too!
Post a Comment