Friday, October 12, 2012

Scottland: Scone Castle and Loch Ness Castle

In May (yes I realize this was months ago... I'm trying to catch up) I took a trip with a BUNCH of other awesome women to Edinburg, Scotland for a race.  We decided to make a trip out of it, and traveled all over the place.
Our first morning there, we went to a local youth hostel to find breakfast.  I opted for the traditional English breakfast, which consisted of an egg, sausage, ham, potato pancakes, hash browns, baked beans and tomatoes.  I pretty much bought it for the baked beans- I LOVE baked beans, and the thought of having them for breakfast was awesome.
 


We rented a car for the day so that we could take a very long drive through the country.  Since we had to drive on the wrong side of the road, with the steering wheel on the wrong side of the car, we all voted for Jody to be the driver. She did awesome, and made us laugh- a lot.



The famous Scottish Hairy Cow.

Mary Anne- the designated trip photographer- taking pictures of the hairy cow.


Scone Castle- pronounced "scune", where this pretty white peacock joined us for a picture.



Cemetery in the court yard.







The forest here was very old.

Some of our group in the Star Maze.  It was so easy to get lost here!

I'm pretty sure we weren't supposed to be on this tree, but I don't think any of us cared.  We were having way too much fun.

Good old Rachelle.


Jody and Charee riding a pony.

This is the majority of our group.  Such an awesome group to travel with!


More views of the castle.


We stopped in the gift shop and bought a bunch of goodies.


Lunch. 
Oh. My. Gosh.  It was so amazingly yummy.



This is an inside joke for the five girls in the car.  I'm laughing right now...

Loch Ness Castle.  This was absolutely amazing.


These yellow flowers were all over the island.  I'm not sure what they're called, but they were so pretty.







The ruins overlooking the sea were breathtaking.




Me and Rachelle.  She moved this summer and I sure do miss her.




I love these ladies!



We're so cool.

I decided to copy my friend Sarah and start doing toe touches in a few cool cities.  This was the start.

Look!  Do you see the Loch Ness Monster there behind me?!
What you don't see are my tear-filled eyes.  I was laughing so hard at this I was crying.  We seriously thought we were funny stuff.  We still do.

Yes, we look fantastic.
No, we didn't buy them.

I took this for my friend- who happens to also be named Pamela.  We call her Scottish Pamela, for a good reason.
My drink vs. her drink.
It wasn't that good.

These were the first guys we saw wearing kilts and I was so excited I asked if they would take a picture with us.  I was so giddy!


No comments: