Over the course of the 12 Main Homecomings, Sarah and I took pictures for so many people, and I think it was one of the best experiences of my life. It was multiple early mornings, late nights and last minute phone calls. My kids came to many of them with me, and we had many discussions about soldiers and things that happen when they are at war. I am grateful they got to see so many families reunited, many of them were their friends.
Here are a few more...
Chandani and her daughter Sadiya...
Ysaris and her kids...
Jennifer and her very excited children...
Angela, who I've never seen get emotional before...
Tamara and her baby belly...
Christy and her family...
This is a family I didn't know. While walking around after taking pictures for someone, I noticed these two had just found each other. They must have been looking for a few minutes for one another. I did a quick check, and there were no cameras in their hands, and nobody taking pictures of them. So I started snapping pictures. They let me, and posed a few times. When I walked away, I said "I'll figure out a way to get these to you."
I posted them on Facebook and asked people to tag them. Within a few minutes, I knew who they were and sent them copies of the pictures.
Cute little boy...
Angie and her family...
Yaritza and her husband...
Another family I didn't know... This scene of a father holding this tiny baby made me cry on the spot. Once I figured out who they were I send them copies of the pictures as well. I later found out that the soldier returned to Afghanistan just 2 days after his son was born, and didn't see him again until this moment.
Cassie and her husband...







































No comments:
Post a Comment