On the second day we woke up and walked downtown to cheer on the girls in our group who were running the 10 K race.


We arrived after Tera and Mary Anne crossed the finish line, but managed to get there just in time to see Hannah and Maratee coming in.
Sarah. I sure do love her. She was the "team coach" and helped with all our running questions.
Mary Anne, Tera, Maratee and Hannah after the race. They all did so amazing!
After the race we all walked around the city and made our way up to the castle.
Oh no! The world is ending?
Don't go inside one of these- it's not a pleasant smell.
This just made me happy, although I'm not really sure why.
The cathedral.
I couldn't believe how much work this guy put into playing the bagpipes.
Another cathedral.
Edinburg Castle. The construction was preparation for the Olympics. One of the torch bearers was scheduled to run through here.
Charee and I thought these mirrors made us look so awesome.
Inside the castle walls was a complete city.
The walls were lined with these canons.
This is the one o'clock gun, and it shot every day at one o'clock.
A view of the city.
Oh Mary Anne, you make me smile.
Inside part of the Royal apartments.
Another view of the city.
Oh, we had so much fun with this little old man. He was such a good sport.
Charee, Sarah and I.
I love this picture.
We stopped at this cute little cafe for lunch. I completely forgot to take a picture of my meal. I ate a croissant with camembert and cranberries. It was so good!
The famous nose picking pose.


After we walked around for a bit, we went back to the cafe that we had lunch and bought these yummy waffles.


This monument was in the middle of the city.
A view of the castle from the city. I probably should have crossed the street to take this picture.
We went to Hard Rock Cafe for dinner that night, and I asked a woman to take a picture of us. She assured me that she knew how to use the camera because she had the same one.
Either she didn't have the same camera, or she was too drunk to figure out what she was doing.
I think it was the latter. This pose makes no sense unless you have...
The Hard Rock sign.
A quick night time shot of one of the city buildings.


























































No comments:
Post a Comment