Day 161, June 10
This was another couple that I didn't know, but I knew I should take pictures of them. It had been about 5 minutes since the soldiers had been released, and I was walking away from the family I was taking pictures for, and these two had just barely found each other. There were no cameras- not even a camera phone- with either of them. So I just started snapping away. They played along and posed for a few with their baby girl. I thanked them, and as I left I told them that someone would tag them on facebook in the photos. Within a few hours of being posted, they were tagged and she now has photos from her husbands homecoming.
I love doing this.
Day 162, June 11
Noah performed a magic trick today in his school talent show. It was the only magic trick in the whole show. I was so stinking proud of him.
Day 163, June 12
This time it was my friend Mary Anne's turn. Mary Anne and Dusty have three children, and the oldest is not quite 4 years old. They have a busy life. All the kids were super excited to see dad, but the joy in Mary Anne's eyes was priceless.
Oh, and she happens to be one of the best photographers I know. It was a bit intimidating taking her pictures.
Day 164, June 13
Shauna's turn. Shauna also has three young kids, and they were all very excited to see him, but these first hugs get me teary every time.
Day 165, June 14
I always expect the wives to get emotional when the soldiers return home. I don't expect the kids to get emotional, and throughout these homecomings, I am seeing more of that. These kids have been without one of their parents for a whole year. It affects them more than I think most people realize. These two, Sydney and Morgan, daughters of my friend Nicole, were the most emotional I have seen so far.
It was also one of the sweetest things I have seen so far.
Day 166, June 15
I took pictures of Jody's kids today, and Enoch refused to smile. I got so many pictures of him being grumpy or ignoring the camera, but I surprised him with this one.
Day 167, June 16
Melinda's turn. Her two young girls made the most excited faces when they found their daddy, but the relief in Melinda's eyes tugged at me.







No comments:
Post a Comment