Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween!

Halloween was a little different this year.  The Germans don't celebrate the holiday, however the kids that live in American neighborhoods have caught on and joined in the fun.  I think we actually had more German kids come than American kids, and I went through 4 large bags of candy!  That's never happened to us!  
The best part was that the German kids all learned the song "trick-or-treat, smell my feet" song in school, so that's how we were greeted each time they came to the door.
We did get some punk kids who pointed fake guns at us when we opened the door.  We think they are the same kids who smashed all of the carved pumpkins in the neighborhood and also let all the air out of Pete's tire. 

This year, the kids costumes were decided by what I could find cheapest at the thrift shop.
Noah had previously mentioned wanting to be a ninja, and I just happened to find a ninja costume.
Cost: $2

Cutest Superman ever!
Cost: $2


Blonde Dorothy.
Cost: Dress, $2
Shoes $5


Happy dressed-up kids: Priceless.


We went to our ward's trunk-or-treat on Friday night.  They were super-over-loaded with candy before trick-or-treating.



After the trunk-or-treat, there was hot chocolate, cider and donuts.  Annie really enjoyed hers.



Cooper was content with a sucker.



Ready for trick-or-treating.
Do you like Cooper's hat?  He calls it his Mickey Mouse hat.



Let the sugar high begin.

5 comments:

Jenni said...

Cute! That is some impressive thrift-store shopping. Glad you got to enjoy Halloween even while in Germany.

Sue said...

Cutest tricker treaters ever! Looks like everyone had a great time. I love Annie's red shoes - I'll bet she wants to wear them everyday. Cooper is the cutest Superman I've seen in a long time. Love Noah's Ninja pose!

Marly said...

ok, I'm jealous with how much you spent! I caved and bought my oldest the outfit he has wanted two years in a row. Luckily it is 3 sizes too big and he will be able to wear it again and again!

The Copes said...

We tried to be economical and make our own costumes, but in the end, we probably would've saved money buying a costume at wall-mart.

Honey Mommy said...

We did a trunk or treat this year too! Your kids costumes are awesome.. I know I spent more than that!