Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Baby Einstein Recall

I have to start this by saying I think this is the DUMBEST recall ever.

I posted my Baby Einstein videos on a local yard sale website yesterday.  We haven't watched them in a while, and I figured someone else should have them.  I got a response from someone saying that there was a recall and I should check into it.  Pete agreed, knowing that a recall means "cash back."
They are, in fact, recalled.
Because someone (a pediatrician) thinks that kids spend too much time in front of the TV.
The Baby Einstein company fought this for a while, and instead of continuing the fight, they offered the recall, which from what I am reading, hasn't gone over well.
A lot of people are not turning in their DVD's.  
I'm not saying they should, or shouldn't.
I am turning mine in... for one reason: because we don't watch them, and I can get more money off of them this way.  
If my kids still watched them, I would NEVER turn them in.
We watched them a lot when the kid were little, and I fully admit that they saved my sanity more than once.  
So if you are interested in the recall or reading the full story, go the Baby Einstein website.

No comments: