Sunday, June 7, 2009

Spiderman, Spiderman...

Saturday we celebrated Noah's birthday with his friends by throwing a Spiderman party.  Noah picked out the decorations, which surprised me, because I thought for sure he would pick Transformers or Iron Man.  Although, the Spiderman theme turned out to be quite easy to plan.
I put all the decorations up Friday night, so that he would wake up to them in the morning.  He was so freakin' excited!  He kept asking what time the party was, and sadly, I made him wait until after I had taught in the morning.  
At 1:00 the house was invaded by a truckload of little boys, and an adorable little girl.  When they arrived, they all sat down and painted Spiderman masks, followed by a Spiderman version of Pin The Tail.  Then it was time for lunch:  Pizza, apples, root beer and grape soda.  The BEST food for a 6 year old crowd.  Then we were on to presents and Spider cupcakes (which happened to be the only thing I didn't take a picture of, and I was so proud of the webs I frosted on them!).
All the gifts consisted of clothes, spiderman toys, transformers, nerf guns, a Star Wars game and many little trinket-toys that I'm sure will be lost soon.  Pete and I decided not to give him our gifts until his real birthday on Tuesday.




The gang, from left to right: Penelope, Brendan, Kyle, Jalin, Ryan, Noah, Russell, Tyler, Carter and Annie.



Spiderman masks.

Penelope and Annie.  I'm pretty sure they can barely see.


And of course, Cooper needed one, too. I know he can't see.

6 comments:

tommie said...

We just did a spiderman party as well!

happy psf

The Johnson Fam said...

What a fun party! Everything looked so nice and cute. Im sure all the kids had a blast.

Amy said...

One day I will plan a party that needs decorations and party favors. How fun for the kids to do all the fun things you had planned. Happy Birthday Noah!

Marly said...

It looks like fun. I'm still not sure what to do for Jayden's. he wants all his class there. hmmm.

Mandie said...

6! You can't be that old! Happy Birthday Noah! Sydney and Connor wished they could have been there, but we can't wait to see you in a short time!

Chris said...

Who are those masked kids, Kimosabe?