Saturday, June 27, 2009

Michael Jackson

I think Everyone has said something about Michael Jackson on their blog, or on facebook, so I will resist the temptation to go on and on.  However, my very talented brother-in-law, Chris, wrote an awesome post, and I would love you all to read it here.
As a dancer, I grew up worshipping Michael Jackson.  His moves were envied by every single dancer out there.  It took me years to learn the moonwalk. I had every word to every song memorized.  I don't think anyone realized the cultural impact this man would have, or how he would affect us personally.  
I added some of his music to my class playlists, and it has been fun this weekend for all of us to relive those songs we grew up with.  
When I heard the news, I immediately thought of two people: my friend Amy from high school, who worshipped MJ, and a sweet girl named Shelby who took dance from me, and at one time told me that I dance better than MJ (she was about 5 at the time). 
Whatever you may think of him and his life, you have to know that you were at one time or another effected by his music.  Even if only for a moment.

No comments: