Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Evolution Of Pete's Hair

So we have been going through boxes trying to get ready for this move, and I have actually been looking for these pictures of Pete. 
When Pete was a teenager, he had girl hair.  Well... it's was long. And bleached. Ug.
He asks me all the time if I think he would pass as a well-respected dentist if he did this again.
Usually, he just gets a look from me. No response.
So, I thought I would share how Pete's hair has transformed over the years.

High School:


This is what he looked like when we met.  Without the glasses, he looks like Abe Lincoln.  With the glasses, he looks like he belongs in the 70's.
This is on top of Angel's Landing, before we were engaged.
We lovingly called this the "butt-crack do."


And for the past few years it has been some version of this.  He lost the butt-crack (hallelujah) and now keeps it quite short, thanks to the army. 

9 comments:

abby o said...

oh my goodness, that was REALLY entertaining! I haven't seen Andy's hair longer than about a 3 for years but now I want to go find photographic evidence that it really is curly...good post Pam.

Chris said...

EEEEWWWW!

That first shot is about what it looked like at our wedding.

Pete was a girl.

Andie said...

I definitely like it buzzed!

Laurie said...

Wow. That's all I have to say. Wow. :)

Mindy said...

That's nuts. For your sake I hope he stays army-respectable.

Larissa said...

Wow, that is definitely an "evolution"! I'd have to agree - don't let him go back to those first pictures. Sorry Pete.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Here's another vote for the buzz!

Jessica said...

LOL, LOL, I love flashbacks! What a hilarious one. Tell Pete I'd have to reconsider going into practice with him someday if he decides its coming back after the army.

Amber said...

That's hilarious! Aren't you glad we don't have to go back to high school?