Warning: It may sound a little like I am boasting about myself. I'm really not!
As many of you know, I am a Zumba Instructor. I am certified to teach other things, however all I am teaching right now is Zumba, and I teach a lot of it.
If you don't know what Zumba is, check it out here.
In short, it is a dance/cardio class based on latin moves, and I always throw hip-hop in there. It's salsa, cumbia, tango, belly-dancing, flamenco... you name the latin dance, we do it.
At the moment, I am the only teacher at the gym, which poses a problem when I need a sub, however, it has also created "followers."
Yep, I have my own followers.
I love teaching this class, and have so many compliments on it. My classes reach 70 people, which doesn't happen in any other classes.
My name is mentioned on other blogs.
At coffee shops.
In banks.
In the locker room, when they don't realize I am there.
And it's always something good being said.
Everyone I have talked to is so sad that I am leaving next week, and wondering if they will continue coming to class, to which I tell them "of course you will!"
However, to have people tell you that they like your class that much is such a compliment. My ego has been boosted so high by teaching this class. I feel completely confident shaking my butt in front of an entire class.
I am going to miss them all just as much, and I hope that I can make an impression in Germany like the one that I have apparently made here.

14 comments:
You have groupies!
You're famous -- and I knew you when you were just some kid from Clinton!
I'm sure you will make your mark there as well!
If you wowed them here you'll wow them there! :)
hope all works out with the move. Here’s my photo story. happy Friday!
Pam, I can honestly say, you make your mark, loud and clear and in big bold letters, wherever you go. Germany will never be the same after the Emmons' influence. You're awesome in a million ways.
My sister-in-law is a Zumba addict! I should try it sometime!! I am giving you an award later so stop by!
That is so great that you found your niche! That is the best to have something you love THAT much and others get to share in the love. keep up the booty shakin.
Ooh Zumba sounds like FUN! If I was moving to Germany I'd look you up! But I have no idea where we are moving yet, haha.
Btw-- my hubby is actually Air Force! But I still love meeting fellow military wives, regardless of the branch, haha.
I wish I could take your class. We did a little Zumba in my dance class for warm-ups. I loved it! You would be a blast to dance with!
After I read this the other night, I had a dream about Zumba. Don't ask me why. It's not like I've ever done Zumba before. Just thought I would share. You'll do great in Germany. They're going to love you!
My mom loves Zumba...I say I'm too white...I teach all of the other classes, but not this.
BTW, your comment on the Powells blog about the design made me spit out my drink.
And, you should totally enable your email so I can reply to your comments.
Yes you the storyteller
Very valuable piece
It is exact
I suggest you to come on a site where there is a lot of information on a theme interesting you. Hot Health
Post a Comment