Ok girls, and you know who you are... I can't believe it is time to say good-bye. I will see a few of you in a few weeks, but some of you I won't see for a while. I want you all to know how much I love each one of you, and that it is my privilege to know you and call all of you my friends. The past 4 years have flown by, and yes we have lost others before this, but this year was especially hard on us, and it would have been 100% harder if I didn't have the support from all of my friends. Even if you haven't noticed, or you weren't paying attention, you have all helped me through some rough times, and been there to share in some amazing times, as well.
Shalet, you have such an amazing talent for crafts, in so many ways, and I admire all the work that you do. If I could hire you to decorate my house, I would. You also have an amazing way for seeing people for who they are. I love to hear your movie reviews; they make me laugh. I love to watch you get spunky and crazy, and then come right back down and be so loving and tender. You are such a busy woman, yet you have found time to be my friend, and to help me when I have needed it. You are amazing.
Carolyn, I love your smile. You have one of the most amazing smiles that I have seen. It lights up the room, and I can't help but smile back. I met you just before you became a mother, and now you are this amazing mom, taking on two boys each day, and still finding time to read all of those great books, and so many more things. Your spirit amazes me, and yes, you too can get a little crazy at times, but I love it. Your friendship has meant a lot to me, and I wish I could be here longer so that our boys could continue to be good friends. Thank you for a being a wonderful friend, and taking the time to be one.
Jenni, I hope you realize how amazing that talent of yours is. You have the eye for seeing a picture before it is created. Your pictures are brilliant, which follows suit, as you are a brilliant woman. You are my favorite person to listen to at book club, because you always have a thought that is so right-on with whatever we are talking about. I am so glad you guys waited, and decided to come to Milwaukee. I love that you are always on the go, yet you always somehow find time for your two girls, and for all the girls here. You are an amazing friend, and I am so thankful for you.
Abby, you are the friend that I can see my kids coming to in ten years and saying, "Abby, mom won't make me a new blanket, will you?" Where would Cooper be without his blanket? You also have an extraordinary talent, and I am so thankful that you are so willing to share it with all of us. You have an amazing, strong spirit, and I have admired you from the day I met you. In so many ways, I want to be like you. I watch you with your kids, and realize that's the kind of mom I want to be. Thank you for taking the time to be my friend, a wonderful friend, and for being such an example to me.
Amber, you are the sweetest person I know. I don't know that I have ever heard anything negative come from your mouth. You have an amazing testimony, and mine is strengthened when I am around you. I met you as well, just before you became a mother, and look at you now! You are awesome. How much fun we have had together, being the mothers of two-year-old girls. I am so glad you moved here, and I had the chance to know you, and become your friend. I am uplifted when I think of you, and the friend that you have been.
Becki, how would I have made it through YW without you? Who else would have pushed me to work-out? You are amazing. When you first moved in, I thought there was no way you would ever want to be my friend; you were just so smart, and had made all the right moves and decisions. Little did I know that you are just a crazy ball of energy, who wants to stop and rest, just like me! I love you dearly, and I am so thankful for all that you have done for me and taught me. I have learned a great deal from you, probably more than you will ever know. Thank you for being my friend.
Mandie, there is no place to start. I cannot begin to count the things that you have done for me, and taught me. Without you, I might not have made it through the last year. I can honestly say that over that last 4 years, you have become my closest friend. I know I will make new friends when I move, but there will never be another Mandie. I hope that I can survive without you. Isn't it funny that we had to travel 1500 miles to find each other? You are the other mom to my children, and they love you dearly, as do I. You put everything into a perspective that I understand, and you know me as well my husband knows me. We have been through some hard times together and we made it, and that to me is true friendship. I love you.
I will miss going outside and always having someone to talk to, or always having someone for my kids to play with. Where in the world will we ever have another group like this? This group will last a while, even though we will all move on eventually. We have made plans for another trip, and then we will make plans for another. We will still be there for each other, through the good and the bad. Thank you all, and I love you.
4 comments:
Pam, you are so thoughtful in everything that you do. Here I am crying reading your blog remembering every single person you wrote to and the descriptions are perfect.
One of the nicest things about blogs is that some of you guys are so far away and yet I feel like I can be part of it all. I miss the book club, the play dates, times at the zoo, etc., with everyone. What great memories!
Okay, Pam, thanks for making me cry. My kids are staring at me wondering what's going on. It was hard to see you guys pull out today; it's so much easier since you're coming back in a few weeks. Hope your trip is great and the kids are good for you. Plus, we'll all see each other regularly every few years for all the girls' trips we're taking, right?
You totally cried when you were writing that didn't you! Thanks for making the rest of us cry with you. Since we can't just go outside and see each other, we are going to have to meet some place really cool (like Hawaii?) in a couple years to make up for all the time lost. And you know I love you too!
Wow Pam! Can I just add you to that amazing list? You are so sweet! You are an amazing woman and mother and I love that I can call you my friend too. I'm really going to miss seeing you at the gym and I also wish that our kids could have had a little more time to become better friends. Carter talks about Noah all the time.
I'm glad you survived the cross-country road trip. Have fun with your family! And we'll see you again soon! YEAH!!!!
Post a Comment