Sunday, June 1, 2008

Marilyn Monroe?

This is another funny story from graduation....

I bought a new dress for graduation, well I bought two dresses. The one that I decided to wear for the hooding ceremony was a very flowing dress. It was the kind of dress that if I tried it on as a kid, it would have to pass the "twirl test" before I would buy it. I would twirl, and it would open up and twirl with me; I wanted it to be big! This dress does that.
So I got up to walk to the front of the church when Pete was being hooded. I stepped away from the pew and walked around a large pillar, and felt my dress rising...so high that I couldn't push it down. I tried to put it between my legs, but there was so much fabric, it just stayed up. I took a few steps forward, turned back, and saw the huge vent that I had just walked over. I tried really hard not to act embarrassed, and I think I did a really good job; I just kept walking like nothing had happened. When I sat back down and told my family, my in-laws kind of laughed, and said "ya, we saw." Then talking to some other people there (who were Mormon also)they also saw it and just said something like "well, we could tell that you were Mormon!

2 comments:

Chris said...

Dignity is so overrated

Mandie said...

Ya, I don't know if you were around then, but that happened to me too when we were leaving, with all my in-laws behind me. The sad part was that I didn't notice until my nieces were yelling at me.