Unlike most of the Scout things we did this year, the Rain Gutter Regata was something we had never heard of. The boys built a boat and then raced them against each other on a rain gutter. It was freezing the day we did it, but the kids had so much fun. Noah placed 2nd (if I remember right) with his boat.
Most of his group.
And then at the end of the event, Noah was given a special award from his scout leader. A few weeks prior, Noah had voluntarily helped one of his teachers at school to clean up some broken Easter decorations. When he wouldn't accept a star card (something given to a student when they show that they are being a star student), he simply said, "I am a scout and scouts help people." Plain and simple.
His leader urged the other boys to be an example just like Noah was.
I was in tears. I'm so proud of this boy.

No comments:
Post a Comment