Our last few days in Germany were really tough emotionally, but really amazing at the same time. We said good-bye to so many friends that have become our family. I learned that my friends truly do love me, and that they love my family.
This has been the hardest move in our 13 years of marriage.
Hands down.
At the bus stop in the morning. I miss these mornings. It was always so fun catching up with my neighbors, even though most of the time we had seen each other just the night before.
Bailey, Noah, Annie, Joey and Ali.
These girls have been the best of friends.
Madisen was the newest member to the group a few months ago. She fit right n.
I had to have Pete take Cooper to his last day of school. I knew I would be a wreck. Looking back I wish I would have gone, just to say good-bye and thank you to his amazing teachers. His experience at the German school is something that he and I won't forget.
This is Alex.
And this is Stephi.
We were in such a rush to get rid of everything in our house. Pete and I spent hours Friday morning cleaning and dumping garbage. Once the inspector came to check it out, we handed the keys over and that was it. I was locked out of the house that had been our home for the last 4 years. I cried.
A few of the neighborhood kids.
Joey, Madisen, Bailey, Annie, Noah, Aiden, Cooper, Aiden, T.J. and David...escaping.
The Blackhams and the Emmons.
The dynamic of this group is one we won't find again. The Blackhams moved in about three weeks after we did. Our kids grew up together, knew everything about each other, took care of each other. Its hard to imagine them not playing together everyday anymore.
Instead of having to rent a car after mine was shipped, my good friend Shawn let us borrow her husband's Mustang. Pete was pretty happy.
We moved into the hotel Friday night, and on Saturday, Noah's best bud Cohlton and his mom picked Noah up for the day. They spent hours together playing and having lunch. At the end of the day, Noah and I shed many tears. This is a kid (and a family) that we will truly miss.
Sunday was particularly rough on me. We had to say good-bye to our ward, and I had to say good-bye to my Young Women. I have been in the Young Women's program the entire four years in Germany. I have watched girls come and go, struggle, be amazing and everything in between. I wouldn't have traded a single day with them for anything. This is a group of some of the girls and leaders.
They all surprised me by decorating the room before I came in. I burst into tears.
Elizabeth and I.
Coco and I.
My Angela... or Angie-Poo... or Pamgela... or Pamgie. We go by many names.
Gio and Cooper.
Sicily and Annie.
On Monday we stopped by the school to pick up records and to say good-bye to the teachers and classes. This is Noah's class, and his teacher, Mrs. Banister. She was the most amazing teacher Noah has had up to this point.
A few of Annie's friends and her teacher, Mrs. Fife, in the back ground. Annie was loved by everyone in her class.
I wasn't expecting any gifts, but my Young Women and friends gave me all this. Each of the Young Women wrote me a letter, and it took me two days to gather my emotions enough to read them all. I am so thankful for all of them.



1 comment:
The last thing I expected to see was Jeff's car and a "pin-up" girl on the hood! So funny!! Jeff will be happy to know it was enjoyed as much as I enjoyed my time w/ you here! Love you my friend........Shawn
Post a Comment