Sunday, February 5, 2012

Project 365, Week 5


Day 29, January 29
I live for Ice cream.  Pete lives for Oreos.  We combine the two more often than we should.


 Day 30, January 30
This is Pete's car.  He called me on the way home; he decided to come home early one day because he was feeling awful, however his car had other plans. It died.  I mean totally died.  We did everything we could to get it going, but after the failed attempts, we called a tow truck.  The mechanic has his theories, but is telling us that it could be about a 1700 euro fix (that's about $2500 US dollars).  We're thrilled.


 Day 31, January 31
One of the harder parts of being in them military is losing a soldier.  No matter how you knew them, or IF you knew them, the loss is the same.  
There are more pictures if you want to scroll down.

*Side note*
As I was editing these pictures, my kids asked me about them.  I took some time to tell them how sometimes soldiers don't make it home to their families, and that we pay our respects to them with a memorial.  I talked again about how important our soldiers are and that we should keep them all in our prayers.  It was a fantastic teaching moment for my kids and I.
Please, take a moment to teach your children the importance of those who defend our country and protect others.  This isn't limited to the military.  I have a huge place in my heart for Firefighters, as well as Police officers.


Day 32, February 1
Noah really wanted this toy for Christmas, but didn't get it.  So I grabbed one at the store and told him that it was his once he earned it.  He has been working for weeks, saving up his money.  Tonight was victorious for him.


 Day 33, February 2
I didn't want to get off my floor, so you get a picture of just that: my floor.


 Day 34, February 3
The sign of a good day at the gym: A blister that formed and popped all in the same workout. I took this picture too early, however.  By the end of the night it was all red and icky-looking.


 Day 35, February 4
The kids and I spent the day cleaning and organizing.  I finally trashed some magazines (but not trashy magazines- just clarifying), and here's what I kept.  We'll see how long these stay like this.

1 comment:

Mary Anne said...

I'm loving your shots! So many fun and creative ones. Keep 'em coming :)