Sunday, January 8, 2012

Project 365, Week 1

Here I go again.  I'm attempting to take 365 pictures- one picture each day.  
The last time I did this, in 2010, I missed ONE day.  One. Day. 
The goal this year is not to forget one day, plus add in leap day.  

So, here goes....

Day 1, January 1
We haven't really had winter this year- it's "snowed" a few times, but it won't stick.  Mostly it's just raining, so the first day in January, we had rain dripping off the plants, instead of snow sticking to them.

Day 2, January 2
 Today is not Three Kings Day, however we were visited by the three kings, Caspar, Melchior and Balthasar.  Each year they leave a sticker like this to put above our door.  I love this tradition in Germany.

Day 3, January 3
Made a quick stop on the way home for a lake shot.

Day 4, January 4
 This is Indie.  She is one of my amazing Young Women, and this pose is very Indie-like.  
I love her.

Day 5, January 5
It snowed today- and actually stuck.  I did go out and take pictures of the snow, but this picture of Cooper watching the snow fall turned out to be my favorite of the day.

 Day 6, January 6
Ingredients for a diaper cake.

Day 7, January 7
Farewell to the Queen.
Pete's Colonel is leaving this week, and we are both very sad to see her go.  She has been an amazing leader to Pete, and is quite possibly the smartest woman I have ever met.  The farewell dinner was in an ancient castle.  We were dressed up in medieval clothing and has a seven-course meal with only a knife to eat with.  More pictures of that to come later. 

2 comments:

Leah said...

Great pictures! Thanks for the inspiration. Tell COL Gonzalez goodbye for us. Miss you, pretty lady!

Mary Anne said...

Your pictures are awesome! Love them. I have never tried anything like this. I should...I'm sure it would improve my photography. But then there's that fear of failure...