Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Jesse and Alyssa

One of the fun activities from my trip to Utah was taking pictures of my sweet cousin Alyssa and her fiance.  Originally, we had planned on just taking some fun pictures of them, however, Jesse proposed while I was in Utah, and the wedding was moved from June to January.  So we decided we probably ought to take the engagement photos.  

Alyssa has been a part of my life from the day she was born.  I remember that day; being at the hospital, holding her, watching her try to hold her head up.  She was so strong.  
I have watched her grow up; I taught her (against her mom's wishes) to walk at a very young age.  When she learned to talk, and she said "mom," my aunt Sally (her mom) and I never knew which one of us she was talking to.  I was her babysitter, along with her three brothers.  As she grew, she became such a beauty.  She soon became the favorite babysitter of my children while we spent time in Utah.  And as our last hoorah together while she was still single, she spent a month with me here in Germany this past summer.  

She has found an amazing man to share her life with.  It breaks my heart that I can't be there for the wedding.  I would love to see her sealed to this sweet man; I would love to see her in her wedding dress.   I would love to see the happiness on her face.  I hope she knows how much I love her.  

I am so grateful I got to take these pictures for her.  It makes me feel like I am a small part of the wedding from so far away.  

And a note right to Alyssa:
The strength you had that first day in the hospital, the strength and determination you had while trying to hold up that tiny head of yours- you still have it.  All of it. You are the strongest young woman I know. 
I love you sweetie.




























3 comments:

Alyssa said...

Your so mean! You can make me cry all the way from Germany! But I still love you very much.

Anonymous said...

Thank you sooooo much Pam. It really was a blast taking pictures with you. I hope some day you guys can live in Utah so I can get to know you and your family better. The pictures look so good. You did such a great job. Sorry for rescheduling the wedding like we did. I really wish you could have made it to the sealing. It really meant a lot to Alyssa. Too bad plane tickets during the holidays are so dang expensive. That's ok though. Thanks once again.

Jesse said...

oops i should left you my name rather than anonymous. i pushed the wrong button.