Lots of pictures.
Long post.
You've been warned.
I met Erica when I was 10. I had just moved, and she rode my bus. One day after school, she invited me over to play. What did we do?
We watched movies while drinking root beer. Upside down on the couch.
And from then on we were attached at the hip.
Most of my friendship memories... actually most of my any-kind-of-memories growing up involve Erica.
Sleepovers on the trampoline, staying up way too late, bugging our brothers, Erica making me mac and cheese (and sneaking hot dogs into it- I hate hot dogs), Ben and Jerry's ice cream, spending every Halloween night together for years (that's her birthday), sharing lockers in jr. high and high school. Oh, jr. high band! How can I forget that! We went camping together, to visit her grandparents in Arizona, and to the mall about a bazillion times.
We called each other's parents mom and dad.
And we still do.
Erica let me cry over everything. Boys, dumb things (that was usually the boys again), the passing of my grandparents. We spent many summers at girls camp together.
We went our separate ways after high school, going to different colleges. However, we never stayed out of touch. She was the only person that came with my mom and I when I tried on wedding dresses. She sat at my book at the wedding, only because we didn't have a formal line. If we did, she would have been my brides maid.
So. Many. Memories.
But in November it was her turn to get married, and she asked me to be a bridesmaid. How in the world could I ever say no? So the kids and I jumped on a plane and took a trip.
Thanks, Ca, for letting me part of this special day.
Erica's niece, Mia.
Coolest orange shoes ever.
Her college friend, Maria.
And her mom.
Her mom buttoned up the dress. It was so sweet.
Her nephew Kyson.
And her other nephew, Kaden.
Mother and daughter.
I loved her colors. Purple and orange.
This is very typical of her brother, Derek.
The new husband, Lenny.
One of my gifts to them was a set of engraved crystal glasses.
Our longtime friend, Ramon.
Dancing....
My favorite picture of the night.
I love you, Ca!










































1 comment:
Love you too Pammie! I'd have you know you had me crying at the car dealership while I was waiting for my car to get fixed. LOL!!! I'm so glad you were able to come and be in my wedding and take so many great pics! You are the best! I can't wait until you move back and we can get together more often :)
Post a Comment