Friday, August 26, 2011

Jagdschloss Granitz

Our drive through the Mecklenburg island area almost always looked like this.  In fact when we drove in, I thought, "there is no way that we are in the beach area... there are too many trees."  Basically, we drove through this right up to the beach.



We passed this upside-down house, and I really wanted to go in it, but they were charging a fortune, and we were feeling cheap.

On this day, we looked at a small map, asked each other where we should go, and we ended up here, at the Jagdschloss Granitz (Granitz Hunting Lodge).  




Pete called this "A Man's Castle."  
The pictures below show why.

The inside of the lodge was definitely designed by a "man."


I was kind of drooling over these guns.


This staircase led up to the tower.  It's so old, only 30 people were allowed to go up at one time.

I'm only in this picture to show a size comparison.

I went a little nuts over this piano.  I think it's beautiful.








We went up to the top of the tower and this was our view....




We tried to drive to a lighthouse, but once our GPS showed a picture of a boat for the next section of our drive, we decided to bag that and go find a cool church.  We figured there had to be one somewhere.

I'm sad to say I don't remember the name of this church.










Once we got inside, I realized that I had to pay to take pictures... 1 euro was worth it for sure. 







It has taken us two years to figure out what these areas are for in the churches.  
Look closely and you can see a music stand.  It's where the chorister stands to lead the music.

I think I have proven that I am obsessed with pews.


This was my favorite part of the church.  A skeleton on a clock.

No comments: