Sunday, May 9, 2010

My 8th Mother's Day

If you count the year I was pregnant with Noah, this is my 8th Mother's Day.
Wow.

This has been a hard week, with Pete leaving and other things that have happened. I was actually dreading today, knowing the kids would be singing at church (and knowing that I always cry when they do). I knew this would bring out all sorts of emotions. But I made it through the song, I made it through the kids yelling "Happy Mothers Day!" this morning, and happily giving me gifts and I made it through the swarms of hugs and "how are you doing?" today at church.
I actually feel very spoiled today. I got to church, and the first person I saw was my friend Millie, who promptly hugged me and gave me a card, with a "happy mother's day" to go along with it.

I came down the stairs this morning to find Annie waiting patiently.
Annie: "Mom, is it Mother's Day?"
Me: "Yep, sweetie, it is."
Annie: "Can I give you my present now?"

She brought this home from school on Friday and made sure to hide it until today.
It's bag with her name and handprints.


Noah made me a flower pen, and a card.

I came home from church to find flowers and chocolate sitting on my porch, both from my wonderful neighbor, Gail.

I also got a chocolate bar and a cupcake at church. Sorry, no pictures. we ate those on the way home.

I was amazed at how smoothly things went this morning before church. I know it won't always be like that, but it sure was nice to have it easy on Mother's Day. I even had time for a few pictures.

Although they are a bit insane...

I love all three of my miracles.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Happy Mother's Day Pam! I'm glad it went well!

Pete said...

Happy mother's day my love. I asked if I could come home for it, but they didn't like that suggestion.

Darci said...

wow your kids are so CUTE- your littlest looks so grown up and handsome! glad it was a good day.