This has been one of the worst weeks in a long time, and not just photographically speaking. I have been on both ends of an emotional roller coaster, as well as being more sick than I have been in a long time.
Those two things have caused my pictures to be lame-o this week
(well, at least I am going to blame it on them).
Day 120, April 30
I woke up this morning puking my guts out. I don't do this often; in fact Pete can only remember me ever doing this once. So... it's like the end of the world when it happens. Really, it was awful. A nasty bug has been going around; so far I am the only adult around that has caught it. Some of the neighborhood kids got it, including my kids, but it lasted less than 24 hours for them.
Not me.
So this is a picture of my messy, ignored table, un-edited and everything.
Day 121, May 1
I felt slightly better today, but only slightly. I parked my butt in a camping chair in the driveway for some fresh air, and found Supergirl off to save the world on her scooter.
Day 122, May 2
We had a long lost friend from Utah over for dinner tonight, and he totally entertained Noah with his knowledge of all things Lego and Bionicles. This was his version of Karate Kid, the Bionicle.
Oh, and I finally started eating again on this night. Kinda.
Day 123, May 3
I think there is only one person on the planet who will even know what this is, and her name is Tera. Anyone else is free to guess.
Day 124, May 4
Crappy picture.
Cooper is obsessed with spiders... not so much the real ones as much as the ones he makes with his hands. He thought it was so cool that there was another spider on the pot.
Day 125, May 5
This was a particularly emotional day, for reasons I will get into in another post. This picture made me laugh out loud, which helped.
I had just finished getting upset with him for running in the parking lot, so he had been crying. To cheer him up, I found this dandelion and showed him what to do with it. The combination of blowing while drooling from the crying made quite a shot.
Day 126, May 6
Tomorrow is D-Day. Deployment day, that is.
Pete requested a shrimp platter for his last dinner at home for a while. Which I was totally ok with. We have been munching on it all night long.









6 comments:
Love that second shot. I need to get my boys some capes so they can go conquer the world. :o)
I actually think the pot shot is kinda neat... but I get hung up on reflections sometimes!
Hope your weekend and next week is better than this last one.
Glad that you are starting to feel better. Deployments always come too quick. Good luck with it! Stay strong! You will do awesome!
I'm really sorry you had such a tough week. :( I don't think the photos are all that bad though. the pot one is creative, and the cape shot....adorable.
Oh no. I'm sorry your husband is being deployed. I honestly have no idea how military families do it. My husband is not with me 5 days out of the week and I struggle.
You are amazing!
Please know I pray for our military every night and pray for their families, that they find comfort.
Thank you for your sacrifice.
good luck with D-day.
I love the supergirl shot and so sorry you have been sick.
good luck today. thoughts and prayers will be with you. i can't imagine what you will be going through saying goodbye. thank you for your sacrifice and service.
I didn't know Annie wore capes! And just when I thought I couldn't possibly love her any more.
That shot of Cooper and the dandelion (and the snot) is funny. And kind of disgusting.
I love the reflection on the pot -- very clever you are!
I'm sorry about the rough week. I'll try to catch you on Facebook one of these days, and we can chat for a while.
Post a Comment