Better weekends, that is.
Last Friday, around 3 a.m., I woke up feeing a bit sick to my stomach. I writhed in bed for a few hours, until Pete woke up, and asked what his schedule was like, hoping he could hang out at home for a while. He was the only dentist in the clinic that day, so he had no choice but to go to work. He did get up and make Annie's lunch, so that I could sleep in a little longer.
And then I puked.
This doesn't happen very often; in fact Pete thinks he has only seen me do it one other time our whole marriage.
And then I did it again. And again.
Gross.
I don't think I have ever been that sick. My whole body was tingly, I was sweating, my speech was slurring.
Luckily Noah didn't have school that day, so he was able to get Cooper dressed and take care of him. I couldn't even get up to make lunch. Shortly after I told Pete not to come home because I could handle it (even though I really couldn't), he showed up. I love that man.
I went to bed Friday feeling terrible, woke up Saturday morning feeling not much better and attempting to go to a 2 day fitness training. I had been looking forward to it for some time, but I could barely walk, so I didn't get to go. Pete took over for the weekend, and I laid on the couch and watched T.V.
It was Monday night before I could eat much more than a few bites of anything. I'm sure I've lost 5 pounds. It has hit each of the kids, but once they threw up, they were fine. Mine is the only one that lasted days. Pete hasn't got it yet, and I am hoping he doesn't get it when he gets on the plane to deploy.
The whole time I was sick I kept thinking, "I'm so glad Pete is still here to help me." I can't imagine being that sick and knowing there wasn't going to be anyone to help me later on.
So there's my sick story.
2 comments:
So sorry Pam! Glad you're feeling better. And I hope you're well the whole time Pete is gone. You are so brave.
What an awful bug! In Feb, everyone in the family but the baby was sick at the same time and it was so hard to function, let alone help the others.
Post a Comment