We had quite a weekend... always going, but it was so great.
I started off Saturday with a 5 hour Zumbathon at the gym. I taught the majority of it, but got to take a break for a guest-teacher from another gym, and it was nice to take a class from someone else.
Pete spent the morning in the office working on a project, and then spent a few hours in the afternoon helping a new dentist coming in to the army program.
Then, it was dinner with the neighbors. That's always fun, and we really love our neighbors.
We also had the new dentist and his wife come over around 8:30 p.m. and they stayed for about 2 hours asking questions. It was fun to pass on what little knowledge of the army we have!
Next was something we have been looking forward to for a while.
For a few months, we have been working with the missionaries to teach a woman named Stacy. She had a few lessons at our home, and we drove with her to a few church activities. In that time, we realized that Pete and Stacy think very similarly. Pete was able to explain things in a way that made sense to her, and for that, she appreciated him greatly. We knew she would be baptized, but we waited for her to realize it. When she did, we were there to help her... ok, Pete was there. She asked him for a blessing, then to baptize and confirm her. It was awesome.
Pete hasn't baptized anyone since his mission, and it was such an amazing thing for me to see. Baptisms are always amazing, but for me to see my husband take someone from the beginning of their journey all the way to baptism was such an awesome experience. I am so proud to be married to someone who holds the priesthood, and holds it honorably. I have loved listening to him teach Stacy, because his knowledge of the gospel far exceeds mine.
Today during her confirmation, he promised her blessings from the decision that she made.
Then every talk during sacrament was about blessings.
Coincidence?
These are the three missionaries that taught her.
Sister Cordon, Sister Smith and Sister Fear
Tonight the Sisters stopped by for a visit. Sister Cordon is being transfered, and I am pretty bummed about that. She has been here for 9 months; I believe she set the record for longest stay in the area. She arrived here at the same time we did, so we have become great friends. Also, Sister Smith is going home this week. I am sad to see her go, but I am so excited to be friends with her outside of her mission. She is only 2 years younger than me, and we clicked right away. She can read me as well as Pete can. She knows automatically if I am having a bad day, and she is right there asking what she can do. She is amazing. I am excited to meet her parents this week.
The Four Girls.
It took us a while to get a good shot...
4 comments:
I'm pretty dang proud of Pete too! That's so awesome. I love living in Utah, but, when I hear your stories like this and the way you get to know and help the missionaries, sometimes I wish I was out there too. Keep it up you awesome missionaries!
Wow, what a great experience!
Oh yeah, I am happy that it happened. What a neat opportunity for your kids too! I really miss the missionary involvement!
pam you could totally pass for a sister missionary, or a cute single girl? watch out, I hear there are guys out there that like to hit on large groups of sister-missionary look-alikes.
Post a Comment