This weekend, all the girls, that is Mandie, Shalet, Becki, Abby, Carolyn, Jenni, Kim and I, took a trip to Chicago! We had so much fun! None of us had ever shopped the Magnificent Mile (not that any of us have money to do it, either), but we went anyway! We stopped for some shopping in Pleasant Prarie on the way down, and stayed up late Friday in our hotel rooms and talked the night away. After breakfast the next morning, we headed to Navy Pier to check out the view of the city, and glance at ourselves in some crazy carnival mirrors. The smell of all the carnival type food made us all hungry, so we headed to an awesome Chicago Style deep dish pizza joint, and shared some yummy pizza. Then off to more shopping! We hit the mile, and although we didn't buy anything, it was fun to look at the $6,000 leather couches, and $17,000 paintings. It ended up raining later in the afternoon, so we headed back to Pleasant Prarie for some last minute deals, and then to one more Outlet Strip for some last minute shopping. Although we knew that our children were at home fast asleep, we didn't want the trip to end. We got some killer deals on clothes for ourselves and our kids, and had a great time doing it.
It is so amazing to have friends like these. I think it only happens once in a lifetime. We are all in the same situation, and we understand each other's needs, and I think that has made us such wonderful friends. I am so grateful for all of them, and I can't wait until we get to do this again!


No comments:
Post a Comment