I am so in love with my kids it's insane. Pete and I frequently talk about how cute our kids are, and sorry to all you other parents, but our kids really are the cutest kids out there! They are all-around cute, you know, adorable, funny, sweet (most of the time). They're well-rounded. They make me laugh and cry, and I love spending time with them. Here are some highlights:
Noah: The thing I love the most about Noah is his laugh. He has one of those deep, hearty, contagious laughs, that no matter what mood you are in, if you hear him you have to laugh along. He also has the funniest things to say, and they are always at the right time. Like the time we told him he couldn't have more chocolate, so we put it on top of the fridge. A few minutes later, he came around the corner, mouth full of chocolate, holds up a finger and says "I can explain..." Recently he has taken to dancing. I was recently certified to teach Zumba, a Latin-based dance/aerobic program. I have choreography DVD's to watch and Noah loves to watch them. Frequently he watches those instead of what is on TV. He has the music memorized and if I am listening to it in the car, I can hear his feet moving. Here are a few clips of the dancing:
Annie: What's not to love about Annie? She is SO FUNNY! And she knows it. Se is so hyper, and so crazy, yet so sweet and adorable. Her curly, untamed hair is getting insanely wild. She loves her little brother, and can't do anything without her big brother. When Noah is at school, she wants to be with him; when she has to take a nap, she would rather be with him; even when Noah is in the bathroom she wants to hang out with him. She is talking so much, and it's fun to have actual conversations with her, except when she gives me the teenage answers for things, like "Annie, why are you mad?" Her reply..." um, cuz." (as she fold her arms and pouts her lips).She loves to dance as well, but she also loves to sing. Here is a clip of the song "Do As I'm Doing":
Cooper: I am well-aware that he is my last baby, so I am taking it all in, and enjoying every minute of it. I love that he is learning new things, but at the same time, it saddens me (but only a little). I love watching him react to Noah and Annie, and watching his face light up when Pete walks in. His laugh is so cute, and he is the most ticklish baby I have ever seen. He is ticklish all over the place! We can always get a laugh out of him. He just got his first tooth yesterday, and boy, was that fun. We are still dealing with that one. He also played peek-a-boo, I mean real peek-a-boo, with me two days ago. He had his blanket in his hands and he covered his face, pulled it down, and I would say "Peek!". He would laugh and do it again. It was hysterical!



The primary kids sang in sacrament today, and I havn't been emotional until Noah started singing. I watched him say all the words, and loved it. He also made me cry yesterday when he brought me a flower and said "Happy mother's day, mom. I love you". And again tonight when I sang "You are my sunshine" to the kids, and he sang right along, and Annie signed "I love you" when I kissed her goodnight.
So if it isn't clear, I love being a mom. A member of our stake Presidency today said to me "Look at Sister Pam (that's what the YW call me). She's the mom who has it all figured out." I just laughed and said "I only make it look that way!" I have yet to figure it out, and I probably never will, but it sure is fun trying. Thanks to all of you who help me try to be a good mom, and Happy Mother's Day to all of you!
5 comments:
Happy belated Mother's Day Pam. I don't know, I think maybe the member of your stake presidency DOES have it right... what extremely lucky kids to have you as a mom!!!!!
That was really touching. We really liked watching the videos of your kids and the pics of Cooper are just stunning. He's got such "pretty" eyes--can you say that to a boy?
Yes, Pam you have adorable kids. But, as you know, I have a real soft spot for those big brown eyes! In fact, this will sound a little weird, but I've always gotten a kick out of watching Annie blink -- she does it so slowly. It's frickin' cute!
Pam- I cannot believe that you have 3 kiddos. Time passes way too quickly! We found you on Charlie's website. I will also agree that your kids are lucky to have you as a mom. Check out our blog when you get a second. www.tjbswensonfam.blogspot.com
Annie is soooo adorable
Post a Comment