Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The Rhine River

The next stop with the Emmons was the Rhine River Valley, one of our favorite places in Germany.  It is so relaxing and beautiful here.  The first visit was to Burg Eltz.  We had been here in the summer with my parents, but it was nice to see the trees a different color. 


Dorrie admiring the height of the castle.






On the way back up to the car, Dorrie took a shuttle, Cooper turned into an airplane, and the rest of us walked.

Then we took a cruise on the Rhine River.  This is the relaxing part of this area.  You could sit on the boat all day and watch castle after castle pass you by.




At one of our stops we let Pete, Terry and the kids climb to the castle ruins and Dorrie and I walked around the city and shopped.  We also wandered into this church.






I just liked these vines.  That's all.

Ah.  My handsome husband.  

More views on The Rhine.







At the end of the day, Annie and I had a little photo shoot.  



No comments: