Wednesday, May 8, 2013

One Last Trip To Flossenburg and Waldsassen


Another thing you must see in Germany is a Concentration Camp.  We happen to have one 40 minutes from our house.  Flossenburg is a very well-done camp (I don't really know how else to word that).  It's very informative.  

I've been here many times, but never in the fall.  I loved the colors on the trees.


There were a few rooms that had recently been opened to the public, and on this trip we saw them for the first time.   This was the wash/disinfection room.










The following day while we didn't have kids we went to a monastery that Pete and I had been itching to go to for a while.  It is in the city of Waldsassen about 40 minutes north of us.

I wasn't supposed to take these pictures... shhhhh....



What I could not take pictures of and still be sneaky about it was all the skeletons dressed as royalty.  Creepy and amazing at the same time.

We also took a tour of the library there.  It houses book that are 500 years old.  The floor is the original floor, so we were required to wear these sexy slippers.

And we definitely were not allowed to take pictures in there, so this is the only picture I got.  It is the entrance, and the inside was just as amazing.

This is what it looked like before we went inside.

And this is what it looked like when we came outside.  Much prettier.

No comments: