Last month I was named Volunteer Of The Year for the Grafenwoehr Fitness Center where I teach. The ceremony was at the General's home, and along with other volunteers, I was given a certificate and a coin. Apparently, receiving a coin from a General is a pretty big deal.
The General had me laughing the whole time I was up there. He told me thought he ought to come to one of my classes, which of course made me laugh even more.
This is the General's house. It is definitely the prettiest house on post.
And somehow I ended up in the cake cutting ceremony.
It wasn't so much a "cutting" ceremony as it was a "saber slicing" ceremony. That's a sword we used.
And a few days ago I received this picture, along with a group shot of all the volunteers, in the mail.
And this is the coin. Pretty dang awesome, if I do say so myself.




1 comment:
That's awesome! Congrats to you volunteer of the year!
Post a Comment