

Hosted by Cecily and Lolli
Well hi....
It's been a while since I have made my way over to PSF, but its time to make a comeback.
For those who know me, you know that I am married to an Army dentist, and that last year we went through our first deployment.
I remember the day Pete came home; there was no homecoming, because there was only a handful of dentists coming home, so we drove to the airport to pick them up.
However, I remember the feelings that I had for days before that:
Elation
Nervousness
Giddiness
Anxiety
Joy
And I am sure that those emotions showed on my face. But I have no pictures to prove it.
Once I realized that there was no one around to capture that first moment with my husband, I decided to change that for others. I wanted to be there for my friends, to capture those emotions and
that moment
for them....
The anticipation....
The moment they waited for....
The first kiss from their daughter....
Holding that tiny hand that they missed so much....
And hugging that baby who has changed so much over the last year...
Holding the hand that fits so perfectly into their own....
The first kiss......
And that emotional embrace....
Looking into the eyes of the one who melts their heart....
And not wanting to let go....
The tiny family reunited....
And being right back where they are supposed to be.
Welcome home to all of our soldiers.













6 comments:
Crying now. What a beautiful story. I don't have any photos either and Kenny would have been mortified had anybody taken any. But, I'll never forget spotting him approaching baggage claim and telling Sophia, "There he is...go get him...run!"
Brought tears to my eyes! What an awesome time for each of these families!
I would love to see this in a little book. I am sure I would buy it, so others would too.
Those are so sweet Pam! I LOVE everyone of them! What a memorable moment to be able to capture for them!
Wow Pam now I am crying!!! Beautiful post!
You did such a good job with these...and what a wonderful service to these families!!
Post a Comment