On Tuesday, I had to drive out to Nurenburg to get the Stake President's signature on my temple recommend, and we decided that since it was a long drive, we would make a family day out of it.
Our original plan was to hit the zoo and one of the historical churches, but time and weather didn't permit both. We hit the zoo in the afternoon, all bundled up for the cold weather.
Despite the cold, the giraffes were outside.
We walked past this little train, and you would think that was the only reason we came. The kids climbed all over it.
There were three baby monkeys...
... but none of them wanted to be outside in the cold!
The aquariums are always a hit with my kids.
Annie, my little reptile and fish lover.
These are mountain goats... the European version, that is.
Pete and I were in awe at how easily these guys climbed up the narrow ledges.
While we were walking around, it started snowing and made the whole zoo beautiful.
There were also three tiger cubs. It was feeding time while we were there- hence the large chunk of meat.
We were able to see a dolphin show while we were there. The kids had a blast, and it made me realize how bad we need to take them to Sea World some day.
Of course, the whole show was in German, and Pete and I caught a few words here and there. Annie, on the other hand, was catching lots of words, and telling us what the announcer was saying. It was so cool!
Cooper was loving it.
When we walked out of the dolphin show it was pouring rain, which we weren't expecting. Noah still wanted to see the Aqua-Park, so we trudged through the rain to see the polar bears and penguins.
We packed a sandwich dinner and had planned to sit in the car and relax for a while while we waited for my appointment with the Stake President, but we were all so soaked and cold, we decided to find a McDonald's and order hot chocolate and french fries instead. Of course, what's better to a kid than hot chocolate and french fries, right?
3 comments:
Hey~ It's Stacy Kelley....and I just so love reading your blog! I'm sure the kids loved the zoo, I would love it....LOVE Zoo's! Annie looked soooo excited to see the fish! Someone needs an aquarium. : )
You have a mini interpreter on your hands, that's so cool!
Your kids would LOVE Sea World. Mine did. We had a great time there. I can't wait to go back some day. Maybe we can go together! :)
Post a Comment