
Hosted by Chris
Day 15: January 15
I was about to get in the truck and run my last-minute errands before flying back to Germany, and noticed the fence. I LOVE seeing the world frosted.
Day 16: January 16
My dad bought a new truck about a month before I flew to Utah. I have always loved trucks; my first vehicle was an old, beat-up Ford that I would have kept forever if it was possible. After that, I owned a few smaller trucks, but have yet to buy my dream truck (I still don't even know what it is yet). For now, driving my dad's new truck will have to do.
Day 17: January 17
I flew home from Utah today. Actually, I left on Saturday and arrived home Sunday. Stupid time difference.
I came home to this sign, and could have cried with happiness.
Day 18: January 18
We are training plumbers at our house.
Annie decided to go outside and play in the snow, but she only had her strumpfhosen (tights) on. With no pants to keep the tights up, well....
Day 19: January 19
More food. So far I have done this every week, so maybe I will keep it going.
Crockpot Stroganoff and rolls with honeybutter.
The honeybutter is a hit around these parts. Missionaries and single soldiers alike are in love with it. In fact, the missionaries came over for dinner last night, and when I asked them if they wanted pasta or pancakes, they responded with, "whichever one we can put honeybutter on."
Want the recipe for the Stroganoff? Here it is.
Want the honeybutter? Here's that recipe.
Day 20: January 20
This is how milk is sold here in Germany. It doesn't need to be stored in the fridge until it's been opened, so we are able to buy it in bulk and store it. We buy 24 liters and store it.
Oh, and as far as the taste goes, we think it's better than the good ole' American milk.
Day 21: January 21
My favorite shirt.
Not just my favorite T-shirt, but my favorite shirt.
It's from our Relay For Life last summer, raising money for Cancer research.
We may not have brought in the most money, but we sure had the biggest team; all of us had been affected by cancer in some way.
And, yes, I'm doing it again this summer.
8 comments:
Sign me up!! Glad you made it home ok. When Annie gets back to the states, she's hired!
The fence is my FAV. I had no idea what it was before I read your explanation (I am SO tired I might not recognize my front door in a picture), which made me like it even more.
The fence may be my favorite, but Annie and her bum made me LAUGH. I'm tired and cranky, so thanks for that. :)
Did we have the biggest team there last summer?
Annie...siebzehnauchtzehn!
You can set my truck on fire and roll it down a hill and I still wouldn't trade 'er for a coup de ville....that's what I thought of when I read your post.
Oh that would be so nice to have milk like that. That is the one thing my son cannot do without, so yeah we need that.
Great pictures. LOVE that fence/frost picture.
I love your pictures.
My daughter always looks like that...even in jeans. I wish I could figure out an answer to it.
Thanks for sharing recipes. Yummy!
Popping over from Chris' blog.. I love the picture of the fence (mostly b/c until you told us what it was, I 'm ot sure I would have guessed!)
I love the frost on the fence!
That welcome home banner is so sweet. I would have cried too.
The plumber heiny is a crack up. I'm sure she'll appreciate that one in a few years. haha
I always find it weird when I visit my sister in Canada and they have their milk stored in cabinets until they open it. So strange. ;)
Post a Comment