I have decided to follow in the footsteps of my brother-in-law, Chris, over at Life Or A Reasonable Facsimile (pretty sure you guys all read his blog) by doing a 365 day photo project.
I will be taking a photo everyday, and posting them once a week. Not every shot will be awesome; in fact, most of them won't. But it will force me to practice, and to really learn my camera, so that all of my shots don't look the same.
So... here goes.
Day 1
I took this at about 12:45 a.m. on New Year's day. It is a friend of my neighbor.
A somewhat intoxicated man who decided to run through a firework. When I showed it to him, there was a series of very excited, yet very naughty words that flew out of his mouth.
Yes, our ears were burning.
And yes, that's a flying saucer in the background.
Day 2
The Tower at Grafenwoehr post.
This water tower was built in 1910 along with another building by architects from Munich, Germany. It is constructed in a "romantic" swiss style, stands 42 meters high and has a capacity of 211,000 liters of water. It is also still fully functional.
This tower is a landmark on the post. It is the first thing you see when you come in to the post, only because it is the tallest building, and if you ask someone for directions to a specific place on post, they will always say, "well, from the tower you head......"
Day 3
Our first real snowstorm.
We have had a few in Germany, and actually thought we might have a white Christmas, but then that white Christmas was rained out. This snowstorm actually stayed. So while Pete was busy at work shoveling snow, I was standing under my unbrella with my tri-pod and camera.
My neighbor laughed at me, too.
Day 4
Day 4
Cheesy Rice and Corn Casserole with some rolls.
We needed an easy dinner that night.
I have been cooking a lot lately, feeding single soldiers and missionaries. So my recipe collection has had to grow so that I don't feed them all the same thing everyday (although they have all told me they would be happy if we had home-made bread and honey butter every night).
Visits to the dentist.
Noah had already been to the dentist (yes, it was his dad) but Annie and Cooper never had. We took them to see the pediatric dentist in Pete's clinic, and they all did wonderful. I was a little worried about Annie, but she did great. One of Pete's assistants, Sandy, was able to work with her, and she was awesome.
It looks like Annie is stiff as a board in this picture.
She was.
I had to tell her to relax her arms.
Day 6
Day 6
I had a 32 hour day. This was hour 31.
Over 24 hours on no sleep.
8 passport checks, customs, throwing away a bottle of water I purchased before going through security, being hit on while flashing my wedding ring, 2 airplane meals, one good movie and one stupid movie, and I finally made it to Utah.
Day 7
Day 7
It's from the United States.
That just doesn't even seem right.
9 comments:
Pam, these pictures are awesome! I think you are doing a wonderful job. I can't wait to see what you come up with next.
Perhaps by this time next year, I'll feel comfortable enough with my camera to attack a similar goal.
By-the-way, your kids were great today! Tomorrow is going to be a real adventure, though because Principle Bailey just sent an email stating that all kids will be out of school no later than noon tomorrow. I guess there is a big storm on its way. FUN!
What a good idea!! Maybe that should be my new years resolution... take more pictures! I have slacked way too much lately. I think I might copy you.
I love your pics!!! I think my favorite is the snow storm one. I love outdoor pictures at night!
Pam, these are SO good. I'm serious. It must be a family thing or something (which, I know, doesn't REALLY work in this case since you aren't blood related, but whatever) because you and Chris both have an enviable ability to make things that are ordinary look so NOT ordinary.
The snow storm shot? My FAV.
Great pictures. I love the snow shot. And thank you for including the recipe in that post. The rice and corn dish looks delicious! I'm doing the 365 challenge as well because of Chris.
I love that first shot of the drunk guy running through the fireworks! Very cool and very stupid!
The tower is also cool. Oh I want to visit Germany and see cool places!
I think this will be a great 365 days of seeing your photos.
When we went to Italy a few years ago, we traveled through several countries in Europe and they didn't stamp my passport..I was bummed, it's almost like I wasn't there now!
This seems like a fun project. I was brave enough to take it on but I can't wait to keep up with your photos!
Cecily is right you know -- you have the eye. You see what others do not.
i love the fireworks shot -- oh, and Annie's "jazz hands!"
I think you had a great week! I especially love the firework jumper!
Post a Comment