Thursday, March 12, 2009

Zumba!

Years ago, in a former life, I was a dancer.  I was pretty good.  Good enough for a few scholarships.  

Then I became a dance teacher.  I thought I was pretty good.  

Somewhere along the line, I became a yoga and pilates instructor.  

I have come back to my roots!

I now teach something called Zumba, which is an aerobic, dance class class, based on latin moves and music.  It's an intense workout, but it is so much fun!  
I teach 4 classes a week, and each class is a blast.  The classes I teach at the YMCA average about 60 people in each, which is the biggest class the Y offers.  The members can't get enough of it!  
And it's great when I get compliments, not that I search for them, but I love getting them.  It just adds to my confidence.  The latest one came from a member to my supervisor: "man, that girl can teach!"
So here I am in the nerdy microphone (I hate wearing those things).  Pete jumped in the class and took pictures, but I couldn't get him to take the class.  Something about "his hips don't move like that...."







6 comments:

kacie said...

looks like tons of fun. Im with pete my hips dont move lieke that either. :) Love the red shoes too!!

E-ca said...

That sounds so fun! They actually did a story on the news here a few days ago about a zumba teacher here in SLC.. makes me want to try!

Unknown said...

Now how about a video Pam...(I'm being serious)
My hips WANT to move like that but I have a serious lack of core muscle right now. Zumba=side ache/great ab workout.

Honey Mommy said...

Look at you go! I would love to do something like that... once I find a place to stash my two boys!

Leslie said...

How fun! I'll bet zumba is a great workout! Good job. Oh, I love the sexy red shoes!

Utah Crocketts said...

It is great to see you in front of a class again!!! Shelby is trying out for Cardinelles next week and I believe her love of dance was formed by you! :)