My cute friend, Jodi, gave a challenge to anyone reading her last blog post. She is tired of reading everyone's blog, only to see what cute, creative projects they are working on, our how cute and clean their house is. She challenged us all to let her into our real lives... dirty house, naughty kids and such. This was a good day for me to take the challenge. We were gone most of the day Saturday, and spent most of the afternoon after church entertaining people. Today we were at the gym for a while, so the house has been neglected.
So, Jodi, this post is just for you!
I have one of those flat-top stoves (which by the way, I hate) so it serves as another counter most of the time. Yes, this is probably a fire hazard, but... oh well. Somehow, I did manage to find time to make some bread and yummy honey butter. This is the mess I made while making Noah's lunch this morning. Across the kitchen, on the other counter, you will find an empty gallon of milk, the Magic Bullet still plugged in, and the last part of the banana that I didn't throw into my protein shake this morning, as I was rushing out the door.
This is my closet. I have my very own. Isn't that heavenly? However, my shoes usually look like this. And, yes, I have a lot of shoes, but what girl doesn't? I'm not sure how the giraffe got there.
Ahhh, the TV room. This is where we live. It's next to the toy room, so there are frequently lots of toys here as well. This actually isn't too bad. A few bean bags, blankets, a firetruck and a potty. Those are ALL totally normal things to have in a TV room.
This is the toy room, and although it isn't messy, I still wanted to show it. The kids woke us up Saturday morning to tell us that they had cleaned a room, the toy room to be exact. I sleepily walked in the toy room to find every single one of the toys in it's place. I was shocked!
This is the view from the floor of the boys' room. Yes, there are some wet diapers that haven't made it to the garbage can, the basket is half full of clean clothes that I washed last Wednesday, and every toy in their room is on the floor. That diaper box... it's empty. Just hasn't made it out of the house yet.
5 comments:
You are hilarious! I love this post. Glad to see that you are normal as well!
Home sweet home.
I totally love seeing posts like this. What, everyone else doesn't have a perfect house? I'm not the only one? Thanks for posting. And really, you're house looks pretty good to me!
Yay Pam! I did this too...easiest post I've done in a long time :) I love your red shoes too, and will you please tell me where you found a cute little black dress that covers everything?!?
Pam you are too cool-- to be-- for real!!! Way to take the post to heart. I loved reading this post because #1 I got to see your shoe shrine, and #2 you are so cute that even you messes are cute. Thanks for participating. Blog On!!
Post a Comment